Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Africa, here I come..

So the day has finally come, I am in Atlanta, GA and about to head to my "pre-orientation departure" which will take place here over the next day and a half. I will head there at noon today, have a few lectures on "what to expect" (even though I have read every book and blog that has ever been written about what to expect), and then tomorrow it's vaccinations and off to the airport! My emotions right now are rushing through me a thousand miles a minute. I am anxious, nervous, excited, and so much more. I have been talking and thinking about this day for over a year now and can't believe it is finally here. I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank everyone who has had coffee, dinner, drinks or just a phone call with me over the past few weeks. You have all been so supportive and I can't tell you how comforting it has been. I know we will all grow and change throughout the next two years and I wish everyone nothing but the best. Once I get to Zambia I will probably have limited internet access during training but will try to update my blog as soon as I can.

Thank you all again for everything, especially to my family who has been my backbone throughout this entire process.

Lots of love to everyone.

Kelsey